For a closer look, please click on the photo to view the larger image!
Interested in shadowing/volunteering at our clinic?
We’re happy to consider current undergraduate students, but please be aware we are not accepting juniors who are applying or any seniors or graduates at this time, unless they will be taking a gap year prior to applying, not during their time between applying and acceptances.
Email SMEDBahar@gmail.com with the following information:
Please be aware that your hours depend on what you’re looking to gain from the experience:
- Shadowing and volunteering for educational purposes and potential letters of recommendation
- We require a minimum of 5 hours per week for a total of 6 months
Volunteering to seek potential employment at some point
- We require a minimum of 12 hours per week
- You will be assessed at the 3-month mark of your volunteering along with other volunteers who are vying for potential employment
- We usually choose around 2 (should we be hiring at the time)
If chosen, you are committing to at least 18 months of working in the office as a dental assistant.
Note: Track 1 can always progress to track 2 at a later date, we are flexible with the tracks as well as volunteer schedules.
If you do not make it to the second round, do not be discouraged! You also have the option to be put on a recall list. If someone were to drop out of the program or not end up being a good fit for the office, we can reach out to you and see if you’re still available.